BUSU is Hiring!
The Brandon University Students’ Union (BUSU) is seeking an enthusiastic individual for the Returning Officer position in the BUSU General Elections taking place February 2018.
This is a casual term position beginning December 18, 2017 until March 16, 2018.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring the BUSU Elections and Referenda are conducted with integrity, honesty, and transparency in accordance with relevant By-Laws and Policies
- Responsible for the hiring and training of poll clerks
- If an online election is held, assisting with the content for the voter list
- Maintaining complete records and submitting a report to the Board at the end of the Election
- Promoting the BUSU Elections to the student body in January
- Educating BU students with class talks and tabling
- Organizing and facilitating the Election forum debate
- Creating promotional materials
- Handling all complaints and appeals
- Ensuring all nomination form packages are prepared for nominees
- Organizing and chairing all-candidates meetings
- Maintaining office hours and being accessible to candidates and other students during their term.
- Must be a registered BU student
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills are necessary
- Must be flexible with hours and availability during term
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Preference will be given to individuals with familiarity of BUSU and the Elections/Referenda process, and those with experience promoting events and/or services
Wage: $14 an hour (mainly through Tuition Rebate)
Hours of work: approx. 15 hours per week (to increase during peak Election dates)
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter paragraph, AND your availability to email@example.com or drop it off at the BUSU office “Attn: BUSU GM”.
Application deadline: Thursday, November 16, 2017 @ 4:00pm
* Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview, thank you. *
For more information on the duties of a Returning Officer or the BUSU Election, please visit http://www.busu.ca/governing-documents/