Winter Opt-In Open:
For students who just registered in January, your opt-in period is from January 2nd-30th. You are able to opt-in online by clicking the link below, or visit us in the BUSU office located on the first floor of the Knowles-Douglas Centre (204)727-9660.
Be sure to have link to Opt-In page **HERE**
The Blackout Period has Ended:
The blackout period for the BUSU Health & Dental Plan has officially ended! Your next step is to register through the RWAM Portal that can be located by clicking the button below. Once you have registered, you will be able to start making claims and accessing direct billing.
Click the "Pharmacare" button below for an informational sheet that will help you apply for Pharmacare. Manitoba Pharmacare is a drug program offered to individuals who have a valid Manitoba Health Card. This program will work in conjunction with your BUSU Health Plan in order to bring you better savings and coverage for your prescription drug needs. You will need to apply for Pharmacare once you have accumulated $150.00 in drug claims as RWAM’s drug plan will not process any further claims until that is received. Good news… BUSU will help you do this and it’s a super easy form! If you already have Pharmacare, please give us a call and we’ll tell you how to proceed.
For assistance you can call the BUSU office at (204)727-9660 or stop by the BUSU office located on the first floor of the Knowles-Douglas Centre.
Please note: Those of you who only just opted into the plan over the past two weeks will have to wait another few days to be enrolled into the program.
How to Opt-In
MONDAY October 23rd, 2017 is the Opt-In Deadline.
If you would like to opt-in to the Health & Dental Plan:
- Go to https://studentvip.ca/default.aspx#
- Click Opt-Out/In on the StudentVIP website (next to the Live Chat button)
- You will be prompted to sign in if you have an account from previous years – if you do not have an account you will need to register (bottom of the login section)
- Once you have signed-in or completed registration, you will be able to begin the opt-in process (Please note that the cost of enrolling dependents has changed from last year).
- Submit your information/your dependents’ information.
- If you are just opting in yourself you will leave the number of dependents at 0, and the plan as “Single Health & Dental”.
- If you are only opting in your family members (because you have already been automatically enrolled and charged for the plan – you can verify the charge on your tuition statement) please select the number of dependents you wish to opt in and then select “Family Health and Dental” from the dropdown menu (below the number of dependents).
- If you are opting in both yourself (because you have not already been automatically enrolled and charged for the plan – please check your tuition statement to verify this) and dependents, select the number of dependents and ensure the “Single + Family Health & Dental” option is selected in the dropdown menu (below the number of dependents).
Please Note: Your dependents will not have coverage if you are not enrolled in the plan. You need to either have been automatically assessed for the plan, or opt yourself in with your family members (online)